Rent A Center - Customer Account Representative - D.H.S., CA
CUSTOMER ACCOUNT REPRESENTATIVE
Reports to: STORE MANAGER
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
The Customer Account Representative manages rental accounts and meets company accountmanagement goals and expectations by collecting on current and past due accounts while adhering tocompany standards, policies, and procedures. This role positively impacts customer growth and revenuethrough sales activities, account management, and providing total customer satisfaction. The CustomerAccount Representative accomplishes these in a way that is consistent with the RAC mission statementand core values.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform theessential functions. The CUSTOMER ACCOUNT REPRESENTATIVE will:
1. Greet and assist customers on the sales floor
2. Obtain new rental orders on the sales floor and over the phone
3. Complete rental agreements as required
4. Prospect for new business by telemarketing and distributing print materials
1. Refurbish merchandise to like new condition
2. Keep showroom, backroom, and all store areas neat, clean and organized,
including vacuuming, dusting, and handling household cleaning materials
Required Education and Experience
• Must be at least 19 years of age• High school diploma or GED• 1 – 2 years of customer service experience (sales and collections experience is a plus)• Valid state driver’s license and good driving record
Ideally, a candidate for a Rent-A-Center CUSTOMER ACCOUNT REPRESENTATIVE is:• Friendly, with exceptional communication skills• Dynamic, with an outgoing personality and a desire to learn• Customer service oriented
• Seeking a career, not just a job
1. Drive & Tenacity/ Resilience
2. Teamwork & Collaboration
3. Customer Service
This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by a coworker tosuccessfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, thecoworker is regularly required to talk and hear. This position is very active and requires standing,walking, bending, kneeling, stooping, crouching, crawling, and climbing all day. The coworker mustfrequently lift and/or move (push/pull) heavy items and merchandise. Specific vision abilities requiredby this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception andability to adjust focus.
Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time position (approximately 38 – 40 hours), and days and hours of work are Mondaythrough Saturday, store open to close hours.
This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. Employee may perform other related duties as needed tomeet the ongoing needs of the organization.