Store Manager #Watsonville
MANAGER IN TRAINING (MIT)
Reports to: DISTRICT MANAGER
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
The MIT role is one of accelerated and intense training in preparation for a Store Manager position. TheMIT will work closely with the District Manager and Store Manager in learning the rent-to-own business,while performing duties in all aspects of store operations such as customer service, accountmanagement, maximizing store revenue and profits, customer base growth, and management of storeinventory. The MIT will observe experienced coworkers to acquire knowledge of methods, procedures,and standards and become familiar with store and Field Support Center staff functions. All functionsand responsibilities are to be accomplished in a way that is consistent with the RAC mission statementand core values.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform theessential functions. The MANAGER IN TRAINING will:
1. Set daily and weekly goals related to the store’s sales activities, overseecoworkers’ sales activities, approve rental agreements, and monitor plannedresults for sales as measured by revenue and growth
2. Set daily and weekly goals related to the store’s collection activities, overseecoworkers’ collection activities, follow-up on more difficult accounts that requireintervention, approve customer commitments, monitor and follow-up withcoworkers on planned results for collection activities to ensure all coworkerscomply with established procedures and practices for collections
Required Education and Experience
• 3 – 5 years of retail/management experience• Completion of RAC’s Store Manager Development Program, 4th Gear• Demonstrated ability to perform all essential job functions at the Assistant Manager level• Computer literacy/proficiency in store operation applications• Valid state driver’s license and good driving record
Ideally, a candidate for a Rent-A-Center MANAGER IN TRAINING is:• Friendly, with exceptional communication skills• Dynamic, with an outgoing personality• Driven, showing tenure and career progression at previous jobs• Organized, with time-management skills and the ability to multi-task• Experienced, with a keen business acumen for improving the profitability of an organization
1. Interpersonal Communication
2. Drive & Tenacity/ Resilience
3. Teamwork & Collaboration
4. Quality Focus
5. Customer Service
6. Managing Others/ Coaching & Developing
7. Planning & Organizing
8. Decisive Judgment
9. Business Acumen
10. Championing Change
This position does not have direct supervisory responsibilities but is responsible for exhibiting leadershipwithin the store.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by a coworker tosuccessfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, thecoworker is regularly required to talk and hear. This position is very active and requires standing,walking, bending, kneeling, stooping, crouching, crawling, and climbing all day. The coworker mustfrequently lift and/or move (push/pull) heavy items and merchandise. Specific vision abilities requiredby this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception andability to adjust focus.
Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time position, and days and hours of work are Monday through Saturday, store open toclose hours. This position regularly requires long hours and frequent weekend work. Schedules andhours per week/overtime work may change throughout the year as dictated by management andbusiness needs.
This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. Coworker may perform other related duties as needed tomeet the ongoing needs of the organization.